Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Chapter 1: So This is How it Begins... (Babies 1 and 2)


Summer has always been my favorite season. Everything about it was always so perfect. Barbecues, swimming, wearing the same clothes for a week, pulling all-nighters to finish watching a show on Netflix, everything. The most important thing was, no school. But now I'm officially graduated, my adult life has just started, and I'm about to start my challenge. Even though it's been only two weeks since school has ended, I've spent most of my time in my room doing research about the challenge, and reading other people's stories on it. If I wasn't in my room, then I'd be hanging out with Laya. 
Anyways, today is the official day I turn 18. And I can begin my challenge. The doorbell rings and Natalie asks me to get it, since we knew it was Laya. 



I rushed down the hallway open the door and I see Lay, wearing a crop top, the shortest shorts I've ever seen, and no shoes.
"I've got clothes for you to wear! I'm going to take you on your last hoorah before you become an adult!"
I laugh, "Lay, you expect me to take you seriously."

She giggles, "Don't worry, the dress I got for you isn't as revealing as my outfit, I know how Natalie is about that."



We go up to my room and Lay hands me a pink dress with a brown vest. I put it on along with a pair of my favorite, purple sandals. Lay helps me with my hair and we take it out of it's ponytail and add some clips to the side of it.
"Wow... Lay, it's beautiful!" I remarked.
"I saw it, and I knew it looked as if it was made for you."
I smile, "Thank you so much!"



Afterwards, we head out on the town and we walk to a close-by karaoke club. The scenery of it was absolutely gorgeous and Lay and I looked forward to an awesome time. We took pictures in a photo booth. After, we watched a little kid sing his heart out. The other people booed him, but Lay and I cheered him on because he really did try and didn't want him to feel bad. Then we got on stage and sang (or publicly embarrassed ourselves) for fun before we went back home. 



Once we returned at my house Natalie had a birthday cake ready for me.
"While you guys went out, I baked a birthday cake. Are you guys ready?"
I looked at Lay and nodded, "Ready as I'll ever be."
Natalie grabs the lighter and lights the candles on it. I stand proudly in front of it while her and Lay cheer me on, thinking about everything that has happened until now.
I whisper, "I wish to have a wonderful, healthy family, and to keep Natalie and Laya by my side," before I blew out the candles.



Now, I looked at my now-adult self. The past is in the past, I tell myself, My future is what I make of it. I have all the responsibilities now.

------



"Hey," Natalie says, "I've found a father for you."
I sat down at the table with her, "Can I see their file? I ask. She hands me the file and I look through it.



"Hmm.... Keung Chung. He seems like a good choice. And he's foreign." I stare at his picture, "He has good looks."
"Are you gonna choose him?"
I nod and take the file with me.
"I'll be right back," I smiled.
I walked to the hospital where my doctor, Dr. Masons, was located.



"Hello, Stella. What do you want today?"
I sat down at the table and gave him Keung's file. "It sounds crazy, but I'm doing a 100 Baby Challenge. I'm going to chose this guy as a father."
He reads the file and smiles,  "Okay, I want you to change and sit on that table. I'll get what I need."
He leaves and I get my privacy to change. I hated hospital gowns. They're so revealing, even though the point of them is NOT to reveal. And I always hated the sterile smell in every hospital ever. I don't know why, it just bothers me. But then again, I haven't ever really been in hospitals a lot. 



Dr. Masons comes back in as soon as I finish changing, carrying a tray with different weird tools and the sperm specimen.
"It'll feel a little uncomfortable, but it shouldn't hurt."
I lay down on the table while the doctor does what he needs to do. To distract myself, I count the little specks on the ceiling.
"Okay, finished!"
I breathe a sigh of relief and sat back up.
Dr. Masons smiles at me, "That's it! If you need anything, don't be afraid to call." before leaving. I thank him and change back into my clothes once he left.



I walked the long way back home. Ever since my parents died in the car accident, I've been afraid of driving and even letting someone else drive me. I wish I really knew why.

------



I spent the next day in the bathroom, throwing up whatever I ate. Morning sickness is a bitch. Only 99 more times of this, you'll get used to it, I tell myself. Natalie walks in with a towel and sits down with me.
"Take this," She gives me the towel. I take it and rub off puke or whatever that somehow landed on my face. 
"Thank you," I say, putting it back down.
"Are you gonna be okay?" she asks concerningly. I nod. She rubs my back as I throw up whatever's left, then I felt a lot better.

After the morning sickness subsided the next day, I showered and changed into some maternity clothes and invite Laya over.



"What gender is your baby?" she asks.
"I don't know yet. I want it to be a surprise. I don't even know if it's a multiple birth."
"Ah, do you have any names planned yet?"
"Yeah, but it's personal stuff."
"I see."
We goofed around for a bit until she had to leave. I laid down for the rest of the night since my back ached so bad. It was hard to sleep that night because nothing was helping the pain and I wondered about the baby and who he or she would look like. Finally I fell asleep but only got a few hours in before I had went into labor.




Serenity and Vivian Alexandria were born a few hours later. Feisty, but they are absolutely perfect.
I can't wait for 98 more.

~~
"Motherhood is the greatest and the hardest thing."
~Ricki Lake

0 comments:

Post a Comment