Saturday, March 7, 2015

Chapter 3: Pool Party (Baby 5)


"Alright, kiddo," I say, picking up Serenity, "It's moving day."
She feels the burn scars on my face, "Mommy... wassat on your face?"
"Just an ouchie. It'll be okay." 
Natalie and I loaded the kids into the taxi and let them head over there while I walked. I felt absolutely horrible about having to move. That house was where I grew up, and where my parents were buried. But the damage was unrepairable and we had to go.



I looked around the new house. It had three bedrooms, one I will share with Natalie, one that will become the nursery, and the last one will become the kids and teenager's room.



 We aged up the kids the next day. Serenity was a very shy and quiet person. She loved to make art and crafts. Vivian was the opposite. She was more social, and a big fan on sports, and loved to play soccer.



 I couldn't figure out for the life of me where Lucia and Lukas got their hair color from. I knew that their father had a very light blond hair color and mine was brown with blond tips. But it may just be a mix of the two.



I had spent the past couple days in my room, alone, when Vivian walked in.
"Mommy," she asks, "When are you gonna play with us? I wanna play in the pool with you!"
I sigh, "That's a nice thought, but maybe in a little while. I've been tired."



"Hey kid," Natalie says, walking in, "Can I talk to your mom for a second, alone?"
"Okay, Aunt Natalie," Vivian sighs, "But she's very tired."
After Vivian leaves, Natalie shuts the door.
"You've been acting depressed," she states.
"No I haven't."
"Yes, you have. And I've noticed. Can you at least go to the doctor and come back and play with the kids?"
I groaned, "Fine."



"What's the problem?" Dr. Masons asked.
"My sister thinks I've been acting depressed. I'm only here because she forced me."
"Why is that.?"
"Just because since the fire I've felt unmotivated to do things."
"Hmm..." he says, "Well I think I can prescribe you an antidepressant. It'll start working after a few weeks of taking it, but until then, play with your kids more or find something to do?"
"Alright. But while I'm here, I should probably get pregnant."
"Don't you have anyone planned out for a father?"
I chuckle, "Surprise me."
------



Right when I got home, I was greeted by Serenity.
"Mommy! Where have you been? We want to play in the pool, but Aunt Natalie said we had to wait until you got home."
"Alright, go get your swimsuit on."
"Yay! Aunt Natalie also said she's gonna cook burgers on the grill outside! She says it's called a barbecue."
I chuckle at how goofy of a kid she was. After I changed, I got in the pool and watched the kids goof around while Natalie stayed on the deck and cooked burgers.



"Mom! Look at me snorkel!" Vivian put on her snorkel and flippers and jumped back in the pool. She touched the floor and sprang back up.
"I can touch the bottom! Did you see, mom?"
I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, baby girl, that was awesome." 
"I challenge you to a splash war!" Serenity stated, splashing Vivian.
"Oh, you're on!"
They splashed for quite a while until Vivian "surrendered".



"Yay! I won!" Serenity said.
"The burgers are ready! It's dinner time!" Natalie announced. Hungrily, Serenity and Vivian leaped out of the pool and rushed to the dinner table. I put Lucia and Lukas in their highchair and fed them baby food. 




"How do you guys like them?" Natalie asked.
"They're pretty awesome!" Serenity said with a mouthful.
"I like them. Can I have the ketchup, please?" Vivian asked. Natalie handed her the ketchup.



"Look at what you've done!" I exclaimed, picking up Lukas, "You're a very messy eater, Your sister was clean about her food."
Lukas giggled, "Make mess fun!"
I chuckled, "It's not fun when I'm the one cleaning it up!"



The rest of the evening was spent watching Serenity and Vivian race each other on Mario Kart, with me occasionally getting up to go puke because of morning sickness.



The next day while the kids were at school and Natalie was at work, it was just me and Lucia and Lukas. I spent some time outside kicking around Vivian's soccer ball.
"So this is what she always talks about..." I say. It felt nice to kick the ball around and get some energy out. I guess that may be why she likes sports so much.



I got a call from Laya, "Hey Stella!"
"Hi Lay. What's up?"
"Just checking in on you. How's the baby?"
"Pretty good. I'm about two days pregnant, so I think he or she will arrive tomorrow."
"Awesome! Let me know when they arrive!"
I smile, "Okay. Feel free to come over whenever."



Later, I went to a concert, "So this is SimFest..." I say, looking around.



"Hey little guy!" I reached my hand down to a stray dog, which licked my hand.
I laughed, "You're kinda cute!" I ended up pretty much ignoring the performer while I played with the small dog, which I called Rusty. But our friendship didn't last long until some idiot scared Rusty away.



"What the fuck?" I say to the man.
"Stray dogs are disgusting! They have fleas and rabies!"
"Not all of them do! Mind your own business once in a while." I stormed off back home.
"Stella, wait!" I heard a voice. I turned around and sure enough, it was Dr. Masons.



 "I saw you at the concert, but I didn't say anything."
I shrugged, "That's okay."
"How's the baby?" he asked.
"Doing pretty well. I think he or she should arrive tomorrow."
Dr. Masons smiled, "All right, let me know."



The next day went exactly as planned and I gave birth to only one baby this time around, which was Baby 5, Kaleah Alexandria, who was surrounded with pink sparkles.
95 more babies to go already...

~~
"The only journey is the one within" ~ Ranier Maria Rilke

0 comments:

Post a Comment