Monday, June 22, 2015

Chapter 28: Goodbye? (Babies 64, 65, 66, and 67)


Pierre, Blake, and Amber grew into young adults. They're ready to spread their wings and soar.


Elmer grew up to be a charming young man. He is quite the hit with the ladies at school.


Finnley, Diamond, and Pearl aged up well. They love to play and have fun around the house


Macy, Rayven, and Azula grew up well into toddlerhood. They are just like how every toddler should be: bouncy, bubbly, and happy.


I woke up late in the night by a rapid, panicked knocking at the front door. I really didn't know why someone would need me at this hour, but I assumed that it was a very good reason, or it was just a prank. Either way, I was still half-asleep when I went into the foyer and finally answered the door.


"STELLA! Thank god you're awake!" Tristan barged in and shut the door tightly. I noticed the extreme shakiness in his arms and legs.
"What's going on?" I asked as he ran into the living room and crouched in the corner, in a way that he was sure that nobody could see him if they were looking in through the windows.
"Well," He began taking deep breaths to calm himself down "I did something I shouldn't have done. And now the other vampires are after me."
"What do you mean?" I said while taking a seat down in front of him.


"I'm not allowed to say. I'd be killed for sure. But the other vampires already set my house on fire. I got out okay, but I can't stay here in Sunset Valley any longer. I need a new alias."



"I have a vampirism cure." He said as he stood up and grabbed it out of a bag he had. He took a very deep breath and glugged the liquid down. He then led me into the bathroom, where he shaved off his stubble, and asked me to help him dye and re-style his hair.


He then pulled out a blue t-shirt and a pair of beige pants and put them on. "Alright... That's good." He said as he looked at his new self in the mirror.
"How are you gonna leave?" I asked, fighting back tears. This isn't happening, this is just a dream, I thought to myself.
"There's an abandoned rowboat near the shore. I'll just take that and leave."


As dawn rolled over the quiet town, we made our way down to the shoreline. He set his belongings in the little rowboat he talked about and came back over to me.
"I guess this is goodbye." He sighed as I dug my face into him, not wanting to let go.
"Yeah." I choked out as I looked up back into his eyes.
He patted me on the back. "Please, please don't cry... It's okay... I promise."
I watched Tristan hop into the boat and take off and wave goodbye one last time. I watched as he got smaller, and smaller, and smaller until he was gone for good.


By then, I was inconsolable. I sobbed and sobbed until I decided that being at that scene wasn't good for me anymore, so I ran off.


I ran off into the town and into Central Park. I sat on a bench there for a few hours and let my mind wander off. Once just sitting there wasn't going to help me anymore, I went to the hospital to get pregnant before heading back home to the kids.


The past couple of days I have been painting a lot more than I usually do. It's a great way to release my emotions without hurting someone or something.


I also have been even learning how to play bass. I've been taking lessons, and I even invited Ashby over to jam with him on guitar. He's given me a few pointers on string instruments as well.


I ended up going into labor that night.
"Are you alright?" He was a bit freaked out by it.
"Yeah. Just give me a few." Labor was just usual business here at my house.


It was worth it in the end, it always is, because I was blessed to welcome four new babies into the world. Introducing Wendell, Delaney, Xavier, and Saffron Alexandria, the newest members of the family.

33 babies left to go...

~~

"Positive anything is better than negative nothing." ~Elbert Hubbard

0 comments:

Post a Comment