Thursday, March 5, 2015

Chapter 2: Fire (Babies 3 and 4)


The kitchen became a mess as I attempted to bake cakes for Serenity and Vivian's birthday. I was trying my hardest, but baking wasn't really my thing.



"Need any help?" Natalie asked.
I sighed with relief, "Yeah, thank you." 
"Rule of baking, number one," she began, "forget EVERYTHING you may know about baking." She dumped all of my not-so-hard work in the trash.
"Rule of baking number two, keep the dry stuff and the wet stuff apart until it's time to mix them." Natalie then cracked a few eggs in a bowl and beat them. Then, she added the water, vanilla flavoring, and milk. She put the flour and baking soda in a separate bowl.



"Exactly like that. Now, rule number three, bake it for the least time possible WITHOUT undercooking it." Afterwards, Natalie grabbed a circular pan and poured the two bowls into it and stirred it a little before putting it in the oven.
"You know," Natalie says, "You can go on the computer and look for fathers. I'll be doing this for you."
I nodded, "M'kay."
Afterwards, I went on my laptop and searched for a few hours to find a father.



 I finally settled on Neptune Sun Wolfberry (credits to Plumbobbing in a Simblrland on Tumblr). and quickly went down to Dr. Masons to get inseminated.



 Once I got home, Natalie finished the cakes and we celebrated the twins' birthday.
"Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday dear Serenity and Vivian... Happy Birthday to you!"



However, something didn't seem right. I didn't notice until the fire alarm blared that the kitchen caught fire.
"STELLA! GRAB SERENITY AND GO! I HAVE VIVIAN." Natalie shouted. I quickly scooped Serenity back up and Natalie and I made an attempt to escape as soon as possible.



 I was unsuccessful and found myself in a corner, surrounded in flames.
This is the end, I thought. Serenity began wailing, and I fell to the floor, becoming weak from the flames licking my body.
"Shhh.... it's gonna be okay. Everything will be all right. The firefighters are coming." I then found myself being picked up by an unknown person and rushed out the house.



I heard a faint voice that seemed so familiar, like I just heard it a few hours ago, "Stella... Everything's gonna be okay. Goddamnit, stay with me!"
I managed the strength to open my eyes for a brief second before fading out of consciousness. During that moment, I saw a flash of blue hair, and I knew I was in good hands.
It was Dr. Masons.

*Dr. Mason's POV*

"Stella? STELLA? Stay with me, stay with me!" I ran as fast as I could to my car. I wasn't going to wait for an ambulance.



 I safely put her in the back seat of my car. Since she was unconscious, I had no worries about her having a panic attack from her fear of driving/ being driven.
I phoned the hospital while speeding through the roads to get there, "Hey, it's Stuart. I'm driving Stella Alexandria to the ER, she just came out of a bad house fire and needs immediate care."
Once I got to the hospital, I got her sent away on a stretcher and grabbed my pair of scrubs.
"I'm taking care of her," I had commanded. Once I finished changing, I went into Stella's room.



 The nurses had gotten her hooked up and stabilized. 
"Oh my god... Stella..." I remarked while examining her burns.
 She had mostly 2nd degree burns, but some mild 3rd degree burns. I cleaned her up and bandaged the most serious burns. Until she woke back up or Natalie came, I wasn't going to send her to surgery. But then I almost forgot that she was pregnant, she came in this afternoon to be inseminated.



Natalie came rushing in, "Oh my god, what happened to her?"
I sighed, "Well, she has some pretty significant burns. I'm pretty certain I'll have to do surgery to repair the worst burns. I don't even know if the baby's okay yet. When was the last time she had something to eat or drink."
"About noon, I believe." Natalie answered. I looked at my lunch.
"Okay, it's about 10 at night, I think she'll be safe and I can do it. She's pretty stabilized right now. I'll check on the baby and send her down." Swiftly, I grabbed a baby heartbeat monitor and rubbed it around on Stella's stomach. It gave out a soft, but normal paced heart beat.
"The baby seems okay. It's heartbeat is quiet, but pretty normal paced."

*Stella's POV*

The first thing I felt was pain. Absolutely horrible pain. I managed to open my eyes and groaned.



Dr. Masons stared at me, "Stella? Are you in pain?"
I nodded and held up 9 fingers to signal the pain level. He grabbed an injection of some liquid unknown to me and shot it through my IV line.
 "That should help you..." he said. A weird feeling spread throughout my body, and once it subsided, there was almost no more pain and I was drifting partially out of consciousness.
Dr. Masons' voice echoed, "Stella, you're in a pretty rough shape right now. I'm gonna begin to operate on your worst burns within the hour. Your baby is okay." I slowly nodded to show I still knew what was going on.
"I want... to... see my kids..." I rasped. Natalie handed me Serenity and Vivian. I smiled weakly at them.



"I'm glad you kids are okay... you two are beautiful. Mama's gonna be... okay. I love... you.. both... so much."
"I guess it's time now," Dr. Masons announced, "We have to get you in right away."
Natalie took the twins away again and I weakly waved goodbye. The doctor began rolling my bed away and the last thing I remembered was being put on the operating table.

*Stuart's POV*



Stella came out of the surgery just fine. Every now and then I checked on her and gave her medicine for pain, but for the most part I let her sleep off the anesthesia. A few hours later, she began trying to wake up. I moved the head of the table up to a seated position. Finally, she opened her eyes and looked around the room.
"Morning, sleepy head." I remarked.
She laughed very hard. "Did I do okay?" she asked.
"You did great."
Stella looked down at her new baby bump. "When am I having my baby?"
"Soon... soon." After our little conversation, I let in Natalie and Laya to see her.

------
*Stella's POV*



After spending a few more days in the hospital, we welcomed Babies 3 and 4, Lucia and Lukas Alexandria, into this world, and we went home together.
96 more...

~~
"I'm a survivor, I'm not gonna give up, I'm not gonna stop, I'm gonna work harder, I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it, I will survive, and keep on surviving." Survivor by Destiny's Child

Author's note: So I really had no idea that the fire was going to happen XD. It just happened by itself when Serenity was having her birthday, so I just went along with it. I wish it didn't happen so early in the challenge, but oh WHALE. XD








0 comments:

Post a Comment