Saturday, May 16, 2015

Chapter 10: Heat Of The Moment (Babies 18, 19, and 20)


Babies 8, 9, and 10, Kurt, Krist, and Dave, were all ready to start their life in the real world and seemed very happy when they left their childhood home for good.


Babies 11 and 12, Amethyst and Marcel, love hanging out together, but are two very different people. Amethyst is a flirtatious party girl with a quick temper while Marcel would rather spend his time at the library, studying famous artists. 


Babies 13 and 14, Lindsey and Cherece, were also very different from each other. Lindsey is a huge diva obsessed with the color pink while Cherece didn't really care if someone mistook her for a boy.


Babies 15 and 16, Caleb and Kieran, were very similar in appearance as opposed to their triplet sister, Baby 17, Cobalt, who has hot pink skin yet pastel blue hair.


"So what triggered that... that dream?" I asked Dr. Masons at my regular insemination appointment.
"Well, it could be a lot of things, really. But right now I don't have enough information. You said you haven't seen that girl before, right?"
I nod my head, "Yeah. But somehow, she seemed so familiar."
Dr. Masons pondered a bit, then said, "Well, if something like that happens again, let me know. Maybe then I might have some more info. Until then, just keep an eye on things."


I suddenly pulled him into the most awkward hug ever. I don't know what made me do it. Maybe it was instinct? I said "Thank you" to him right before I left.



Right when I got home, the triplets begged me for a story. I sat down with them and asked for ideas.
"What about the one about the fairy princess? Read that one!" Cobalt exclaimed.
"No!" screamed Kieran, "Do the one with the big bad dragon!"
"Yeah, the big bad dragon!" Caleb repeated.
I snickered, "What if I told a story with a fairy princess AND a big bad dragon in it?"
They smiled and told me to tell the story.



Later that night, after putting the kids to bed, I snuck out to a club, where I spent most of my time checking myself out in the mirror, which horribly reeked of the smell of weed. I looked at my hair and considered a new style, and a new style. But that'll wait.



After leaving the bathroom, I immediately spotted Dr. Masons, whom I tried to avoid until he found me.
"Hi Stella! How are you?" he asked.
I scoffed, "We only saw each other earlier today, doc."
"Please," he said, "call me Stuart."



He then pulled me into a kiss, which I swiftly backed out from.
"What the HELL was that?" I shouted at him before storming off.


"Wait!" he yelled, chasing after me, "I'm sorry! It was just... please come back!"
I didn't have any more of it and walked straight home.



The rest of my pregnancy went very smooth without a word from Dr. Masons. Then, I went into labor.



Three more tiny miracles came into this world. Babies 18, 19, and 20, Tate, Penelope, and Bradley Alexandria.

20 babies down, 80 left to go.



A few days after giving birth to the triplets, I got a letter in the mail from Dr. Masons. It read: Dear Stella, I'm sorry for what happened the other day. It was just the heat of the moment for me. The truth is... I think I really like you. As in really really like you. Can I just have a chance with you? Love, Stuart.
I stared at the letter in disbelief and confusion.

~~

"The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers." ~ Ruth Benedict


0 comments:

Post a Comment