Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Chapter 17: Bleeding Out (Babies 35, 36, 37, and 38)


Sampson, Alfie, and Ross soon called a cab to go to their new house right after they aged up. They turned out to be three handsome men with bright personalities.


Kalyn and Aries were both the loners in school. They mostly hung out with each other during lunch. But the two have formed a strong bond that cannot be broken.


Taurus, Gemini, and Cancer will become teenagers, then adults before I'll know it. I've watched a lot of kids grow up in my house, and it feels like each one of them has gone from a baby to an adult in the blink of an eye.


Neither Leo, Virgo, and Libra were technically human. Leo and Libra were fairies with beautiful red wings, while Virgo inherited my vampirism.



After making a short trip to the hospital to get pregnant, I spent the next couple days teaching the toddlers their necessary skills; walking, talking, and using the toilet. I was very happy with my new doctor, Dr. Johnson. She got things done quickly and she doesn't really talk, which means no "doctor drama."



By the afternoon of my second day of pregnancy, exhaustion took over my body. I flopped down on my bed and decided to took a quick nap. But what I thought what would be a nice nap turned different very quickly.



I woke up in a bed of flowers surrounding me. Groggily, I stood up and looked at my surroundings, which looked oddly familiar. I quickly though of that dream with the mean, fairy girl I had a while ago... I think this is the same place. 



Whatever this new dream was, it was giving me a bad headache. I looked down and noticed that I was in a new, futuristic outfit I've never even seen before and my hair was longer and in a different style. The most surprising thing I noticed, however, was that I wasn't pregnant and that the burn scars didn't exist on my skin anymore.

I navigated my way through the forest until I reached the end. Once I escaped the maze of a forest, I saw a very horrific scene, unfolding right in front of my eyes.



Two cars had collided together, and I saw a girl, no older than 17, laying on the ground, covered in blood. The driver of the other car was nowhere to be seen.
"Dammit! She's pulseless!" I heard a female paramedic with brown hair shout.
"Cmon... Please, live!" I heard the paramedic with orange hair say as she pumped the young girl's chest, trying to get her back to life. There were two other paramedics as well; one inserted a tube in her mouth with a bag on the end of it to get her to breathe, and the other one inserted a tube into her arm.



Another girl who looked like she was around the same age approached me. This new girl looked a lot like the fairy girl from the other dream, but now she has black hair, piercings, and a tattoo on one of her arms.
"LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE." she shouted at me.
"What? What do you mean?" The girl pointed at the girl involved in the accident. "LOOK AT HER. I'M DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU." She confused me with what she was saying. As I pondered what she meant, I heard the paramedics give up and announced her time of death. One of them cleaned up the blood on her face and moved her away from her own puddle of blood as they went to get a body bag.



Maternal instincts are weird. They made me walk over to the girl and examine her body. She was covered in cuts and blood, and her skin began turning gray. I found her most likely cause of death a few moments after; a glass shard penetrated her chest, which must've caused her to bleed out to death. 

The most surprising thing about this girl was that her hair color was the exact same as my natural color, which probably explained why looking at this girl hurt so much; she looked like she could've been one of my own kids. But something about her seemed... different from the rest of my kids. I wasn't sure what it was. But if this girl is one of my kids, she must not have been even born yet.

Tears began rolling down my face as I looked at how much this car accident did to her. This is just a bad, bad dream... Wake up, Stella! Maybe it is, but maybe it isn't.



I zoned out for a few minutes. I snapped back into the dream-reality when the girl made a snack of my arm. Her skin was even more pale, and her eyes glowed white. I knew from that that she came back from the dead as vampire.

I sat up in my bed with a jolt. I looked around my bedroom; everything was normal again. I couldn't tell if that was just a dream or reality... Maybe I'll never know.



Going against my own self, I ended up calling my old doctor, Dr. Masons. He said a while ago that if I experienced something like that again that I should call him. "You've reached Dr. Stuart Masons! Unfortunately, I'm out of the office right now, but please leave a message." I sighed and hung up as I reached his voicemail.



Having nothing to do, I went into the nursery and watched the toddlers play. Leo and Virgo played with the dollhouse and laughed as they stuck the dolls into their mouths, pretending to be big, bad monsters. Libra was more of a loner. She enjoyed playing with a weird doll that I swear I never saw before, but somehow it looked familiar. She named it "Jelly Bean" and treats it as if it were her own child. After getting a little thirsty, I went out to the kitchen quickly to get a cup of coffee, and returned to the nursery after.



"Look what I've got now! You can't have it! What are you gonna do, cry? It's useless!" I saw Cancer taunting his own sister and playing keep-away with her. Libra broke into a loud sob as she tried as hard as she could to get back Jelly Bean, with no avail. Being the mother I am, I grabbed Cancer by his arm and dragged him into his room, still clutching Jelly Bean.



"Is this how you get your fun? By making your own siblings miserable? They never did anything to you! There's no need for you to do something bad to them! They love you and look up to you! Don't let them think that bullying others is okay." Cancer sighed and hung his head. "I'm sorry, mom. I guess I wasn't thinking straight. 



He set Jelly Bean down next to Libra and knelt down to her level. "Here's Jelly Bean back. I'm sorry for being a mean brother." I could feel the sympathy in his voice as he gave Libra a hug. She smiled, "I wuv woo brudder!"



I welcomed my first set of quadruplets the next day. Two boys, Scorpio and Capricorn, and two girls, Sagittarius and Aquarius.

62 babies left to be born.

~~

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." ~Harriet Tubman

0 comments:

Post a Comment