Saturday, June 20, 2015

Chapter 26: Home Life (Babies 58, 59, and 60)


The quads were now all aged up and ready to be off on their own. I didn't know why, but they were in a rush to leave and hurried themselves out the door.


Jessi and Claire drifted way apart once they aged up. They weren't best friends with each other, and began to argue and fight with each other. Claire even cut her hair short in an attempt to no longer look similar to Jessi.


Pierre, Blake, and Amber all have individualized themselves. Pierre has taken interest in cowboys and the wild west, Blake loves playing basketball with his friends from school, and Amber is a little genius and unlike the rest of the kids in her grade, she loves and her favorite subject is math.


Elmer is a little toddler full of joy and happiness. He inherited his father's skin and eye color and my mother's hair color. I love how her genes are so strong in my kids.



For the first time in quite a while, I went to Dr. Masons' office to be inseminated instead of at the hospital.
"I haven't seen you over here in quite a while!" He announced.
"Yeah, I know. Just make it quick." I hurried him along so it wouldn't become awkward.


As I was grabbing my things to leave, he pulled me back. "Hey, Stella?"
"What?" I groaned, not wanting to be in the office any longer.
"Have you had any of those dreams lately? You know, with the girl?" He sat back down at his desk. I should've left right then and there, but I stayed put.
"Not technically... But I have been seeing her all over town. Even when I was in Bridgeport for my sister's wedding, she was over there, too. I have pictures." I shoved things all around my purse as I dug in to reach for the pictures. I handed them over to Dr. Masons once I found them. He examined the pictures for a minute before handing them back.
"Interesting... I haven't seen her around town at all. Mind running a test for me."
"I guess."


He led me over to a new apparatus in his office that he made me sit down on. He put a thing over my head that reminded me of one of the hair dryers at the salon.
"This just measures more complicated brain activity. You won't feel anything and it'll only take a couple of minutes." He said as he pulled out a clipboard and began writing on it. After the test was over, he got back on his computer and viewed the results from there.
"Huh..." he began, "Everything looks normal. Nothing here suggests hallucinations or anything. But I recommend coming back for a sleep study and see if anything happens there."



"Wow, there's actually babies in there?" Pierre asked as he rubbed my belly.
"Yep!" I smiled at his goofiness as he jumped around, excited to have more little siblings in the house.



Afterwords, I got on the computer and looked on my email. I got updates from both Natalie and Libra on their families and how they have progressed.



Natalie's baby girl, also my niece, Margie, aged up into a toddler. She has her mother's red hair and blue eyes. Margie is also quite the little sweetheart and loves bringing happiness to her parents and other people, even if it's just by kissing them on the cheek.



Meanwhile, in Libra's family, Martha and Ralph aged up. Martha grew into an energetic and excitable kid while her brother, Ralph, is a bit more lax. He inherited his mother's blond hair and blue eyes.



I logged off of the computer and went over to my easel, where I was working on a new piece of art. I worked on that for a little bit while the kids were now away at school for the day.



I also tended to the fish in the new aquarium we have. The kids didn't really see them as interesting, so they didn't really care for them; they liked playing with the cats better. But I thought that they were really cool, so I ended up being the one who mainly takes care of them.



Speaking of cats, the kittens, Skittles, Midnight, and Phantom, have all grown into adults. Unlike the other cats, Phantom has a love of sleeping with me, so I always make sure to get him before going to bed.



Once I retired to my bedroom for the night, I hopped on the bed next to Phantom and stroked my pregnant belly, trying to fall asleep, like every other night. But I guess the babies had enough and wanted out, and then I went into labor.



I'm very happy to introduce the newest triplets in my challenge. Finnley, Diamond, and Pearl  Alexandria were all born after a short but grueling labor.

Only 40 babies left to go... This challenge is going by way too fast!

~~

"Every story I create, creates me. I write to create myself." ~Octavia E. Butler

0 comments:

Post a Comment