Friday, June 12, 2015

Chapter 18: The Imaginary Friend (Baby 39)


Kalyn and Aries aged into gorgeous young adults. They both were ready to take on the adult world with their own skills, personalities, and goals in life.



Taurus, Gemini, and Cancer were very close to each other. They spend time with each other talking, doing homework, and going outside. Taurus were a bit more outgoing while Gemini was the shy and quiet one.



Leo, Virgo, and Libra had their own unique personalities. Leo was more feminine and spent most of his time with Virgo, while Libra was more of a tomboy.



Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, and Aquarius were each a little different from each other. Scorpio and Sagittarius were still during the picture, while Capricorn and Aquarius decided to see how their hands tasted.



I walked to the hospital to get pregnant by my usual means, through artificial insemination. As I walked out of the clinic, Dr.Masons appeared in front of me. "Umm... H-Hi Stella... Y-You called me?" He stuttered as he caught my attention, the conversation felt awkward already. I couldn't look him in the eye as I spoke to him. "Yeah, I had one of those weird dreams again. I feel like they might not even be dreams."
"Well, I can take you to my office and run a test." I hastily agreed.



When we got to his clinic, he directed me to lay down on the examination table as a nurse wheeled in an apparatus I've never seen before. As Dr. Masons stepped out for a minute, the kind nurse pushed back my hair and stuck some electrodes on my forehead that were connected to the machine. After sitting there for about 45 minutes, the doctor read the results.
He flashed a confused look at me as I sat back up and gathered my things. "Well, I don't see anything weird. Everything is normal. If you start experiencing those dreams often, you should come back."



Once I got home, the house was perfectly normal, as it was as I left. However, I noticed that Libra was acting a bit odd. She was running around the house and talking to the air, as if she had some imaginary friend. I dismissed it and I knew it was just being a kid.



She was also spending a lot of time at the science lab making potions. I wondered to myself if she was trying to make a specific potion, or just wanted to experiment with it. Either way, it looked to me like science was an interest for her.



"Have you seen Libra? She's going around and talking to walls and playing at the science lab! What a big, crazy nerd!" It hurt my heart when Virgo gossiped to Leo about their triplet sister. They're just kids, not teenagers.


The older triplets decided to stay out of the drama and kicked a soccer ball around with each other. 


"Mommy! Mommy! Play with me!" Sagittarius ran over and scrambled her way up to my arms once she noticed I was home. I played her favorite game with her, we call it "Tickle Monster." It's like hide and seek, but with tickling. We had fun and even the other kids joined in.


Our game ended when a scream echoed from outside. Being the worried mother I am, I rushed outside to see if everyone out there was all right. But as I found out, it wasn't a scream of fear, it was a scream of joy. "I did it! I finally did it!" Libra jumped up and down in front of a little boy of her age that looked similar to her doll that she had as a toddler, Jelly Bean.


"Who is that?" I asked Libra as she ran toward me with her new friend. "Mom, don't you understand? It's Jelly Bean, he's real now!" She confirmed that it was her old doll, now brought to life, like Pinocchio. "Hi!" He waved at me and smiled.


Libra and Jelly Bean became very close friends. He started going to school with her, and their favorite thing to do was play video games with each other. I thought that it was really interesting that Jelly Bean can turn into his doll form or his human form any time he wanted.


The next day, I went into labor. After a few, long hours, I gave birth to the 39th baby of my challenge, Pisces Alexandria. She has beautiful purple skin and reminded me of a little grape.

61 babies to go...

~~

"A friend is what the heart needs all the time." ~Henry Van Dyke

0 comments:

Post a Comment